Thursday, February 19, 2009

shhhhh, fireman comin


So I've basically realized today its been over a month at school and I have done literally nothing, im pathetic.  My first actual assignment for my only studio class was to design a biz card for someone else in my class.  I was paired with a girl who immediately disliked me in our initial interview cause i started by saying "I hate the West Coast, but I've never been there" and shes from Seattle so it didn't go well.  So anyway, all her art is very illustrative and cute but still some what serious, so its basically like saying  "Hey Jonny Tats, do me a favor, bang this girl then when you're done draw me a perfectly straight line.", it just dont work.  So after my first attempt at something "cute", possibly involving something from her work, clouds, and the color "if you had yellow and accidentally got some black in it", I came up with this...



and sent it to her for approval.  Got a response basically saying she didn't like it all and I had to restart.  Also I forgot to mention I was out for a week cause I was sick, so at this point the final design was due the day before by 5pm, so its already 24+ hours late, and one of her reasons was because that bird was a winter bird cause it had a winter hat so it didn't make sense cause winter was over.

So today I had to start over and decided to make several designs for her to pick from, she said I should just keep it simple, so for some reason I said, fuck it, I'll do a and drawn Fred Perry rip off, which was design 1.  However, it was design 2 where I was shinnin', this design was flawless and I sent them both to her. So here were the 2 new designs I sent




and what happens?  of course she's lame so she chooses the simple one, so what do I do?  I take the amazing Rambo gold for myself.  So hopefully you see my new business card soon once I get some money goin.

So besides my letterpress class I have Thesis, which I literally havn't done anything for and I feel like shit casue I still have a full size 8x10x8 room I have to build, AND print 46,224 sq. inches of wallpaper, AND do a ceiling mural, AND paint a full carpet, AND appulster a chair, AND do a bust and mask with Nick, AND finish my 4x5, AND do atleast 1 or 2 more projects.

But tonight is Lil Wayne night, I've been listening to Carter III all night and now im just searching YouTube videos of lil wayne videos cause they are all amazing, I suggest watching all these classics.  Also I', usually not one to promote internet jokes because I usually hate them, including everything that has come from Andy Sandberg, but this is perfect, especially when TPain salutes 8 times in a row.








so after searching, i have discovered that apparently everyone disables embedding on their youtube videos which is complete bullshit so Im not even gonna bother with the other lil wayne classics, so just watch the I'm on a Boat video.  Also dont forget to check out Cash Money Millionaires and the Hot Boys because we all know "If you list the Hot Boys as your favorite music, then you know everything about music"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha.